Motion Studio allows you to easily retarget your own rigs to use with our animation database.
Let's have a look at how to get started.
- Open Motion Studio
- Click File > Import Character
- Navigate to your Character file (Must be in .FBX format)
- Once selected another window will be prompted to save a project area (this is where you're converted character will be saved for Motion Studio)
- After selecting the Project Area, Motion Studio will process and import your Character rig.
- After processing the Rig will appear in the viewport in it's bind pose.
- Now it's time to match bones - click Characters > Setup Retargeting
- Match the bones from your rig (the list on the right) to the Reference bones on the left.
- When finished click Save Retargeting.
- Now you can browse animations in the inspector on the right.